Under moderate supervision, assists in the removal/installation of avionics electrical components, fabrication of wire harnesses, installations, terminations, ring-out, and functional tests of avionics/electrical systems.
- Assists in installations, modifications and the fabrication of wiring and electrical components, fixtures, and associated equipment in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, and engineering drawings.
- Assists with the completion of tasks within allotted time frame.
- Assists with maintaining required logs and records.
- Complies with the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical Certificate in aircraft electrical assembly preferred and/or successful completion in current year youth apprenticeship program sponsored by employer, in area of expertise.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Computer skills and general software knowledge necessary.
- Must be willing to work 1st or 2nd shift.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- General knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications. Must know how to use a multimeter. Entry level position.
- Six (6) months accredited schooling in aviation electronics or general electrical experience preferred.