Assists in troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact. Demonstrates technical expertise by implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising safety or quality.
- Familiar with Electrical Application, ability to understand wiring diagrams. Work under direct supervision. Follow applicable Safety requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years related work experience;
- 2 years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Demonstrates basic technical skills in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Under supervision, performs the installation and functional testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Assists in ensuring quality and efficiency of all installations.
- Troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Acquires and demonstrates the skills and knowledge required. to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Assists in set up and operation of necessary test equipment; conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Under supervision, ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
- Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components.
- Complies with the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.