Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years painting/paint preparation experience.
Under moderate supervision, effectively prepare and paint major sub-assemblies and other parts of aircraft in production made according to specifications and schedule requirements.
- Perform a variety of activities including preparation of surfaces and mixing paints. Paints aircraft, small parts, and various surfaces according to required. specifications.
- Perform layout and masking as necessary.
- Mix paints, primers, etc. according to specifications.
- Paint major assemblies (including metal, fiberglass and composite material), detail parts, and apparatus related to ground support.
- Strip paint and prepares surfaces as required.
- Perform miscellaneous paint operations and applies decals.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S and Lean Initiatives Programs and complies with safety regulations.
- Demonstrate Employer Manufacturing competencies in the Employee Effectiveness Review.
- Provide guidance and training to more junior members of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials used in painting trade and methods of mixing paint colors.
- Proficiency in current personal computer based software.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Must be able to work any shift.