The Aircraft Painter II works under minimum supervision to safely prepare, paint and detail aircraft according to schedule
using company quality standards and operating procedures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely perform aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under minimal supervision. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, signoffs, and quality specifications.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as dual action sanders, hydraulic lift platforms and paint sprayers. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist with aircraft movement in hangars.
- Offer continuous improvement ideas/participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with the aircraft painting process.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small, restricted areas, lift to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be willing to work 1st shift
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years in related paint processes.
- Aircraft industry experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.