I. To interpret drawings provided by Sales Department and customers for the layout and masking of logos, stripes, and registration numbers
II. Prepare cost estimates of materials, labor, and time to complete touch-up, stripes, logos, and registration number changes
III. Working from oral and written instruction, regularly perform painting rework on the completed aircraft (both exterior and interior surfaces), using extreme care to avoid overspray damage to other areas of the aircraft
• a. Frequently involves matching of some special paint finishes applied in the field, both foreign and domestic
IV. Use and adjust, clean and service spray guns, paint pots, hoses, and other spray equipment
V. Apply fillers, prep, prime, and paint small and large surfaces to include items as large as fuselage, tails, and wings
VI. Perform blends as needed
VII. Keep inventory of supplies and order in advance to assure needed items are on hand
VIII. Work with internal customers to assure aircraft is on schedule and within budget
IX. Perform other related duties as required
Education & Requirements:
• Must have a high school diploma, an equivalent certificate, or a bronze level WorkKeys certification.
• Use of simple arithmetic together with simple drawings and specifications and some measuring devices.
• Knowledge of paint mixing and blending on aircraft surfaces-1 year
• PREFER 2 years’ experience with painting aircraft
1st Shift - 40 Hours/Week - Monday to Friday - 7:00am to 3:30pm with 11:00am to 11:30am lunch.