Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 plus years’ experience in aircraft painting required
With limited supervision apply skills to assist in all phases of aircraft painting as assigned, participating in masking, stripping, sanding and preparing aircraft for paint.
Essential Job Functions:
- Masking aircraft for stripper application.
- Applying, agitating and washing stripper off of aircraft.
- Hand cleaning and sanding in preparation for etch and alodine.
- Applying etch and alodine to aircraft and rinsing.
- Removing and reapplying seam seal as required.
- Masking and preparing aircraft for primer application.
- Sanding primer for topcoat application.
- Preparing aircraft for topcoat application.
- Masking, preparing and painting stripes as needed.
- De-masking aircraft.
- Polishing and detailing exterior paint.
- Ability to paint/prime overalls.
- Ability to lead aircraft projects under supervisor’s direction.
- Assist with training of Junior Technicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Effective time management.
- Ability to work as a team member to accomplish production goals.
- Quality oriented and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Complete steps in the G.P.M. on aircraft refurbishment process.
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs, rarely lifts up to 100 lbs.
- Stands for long periods of time, with frequent sitting, bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping, and balancing.
- Uses hands and arms to reach, grasp or pull, subjective to vibrations.
- Reads, writes, speaks and understands English fluently.
- Visual acuity correctable to 20/20.
- Works in precarious places, heights above six feet, noisy environments.
- Ability to wear PPE.
- Works with and exposure to toxic, caustic chemicals and fumes associated with aircraft repair & modifications.
Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport requirements.
Regularly scheduled attendance required.
Occasional overnight and short-notice travel.
Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as directed.