Works with the finish coating process for aircraft cabinets and performs other functions that support the delivery of aircraft cabinets using personal skills in conformance with procedures and guidelines and to the standards of employer quality.
- Work from drawings, sketches, pictures, or verbal specifications to stain, finish, and polish cabinets, cabinet parts, and sub-assemblies including inlays, patterns, and special designs.
- Strip finish as needed.
- Prepare surfaces to be painted by sanding, steaming, filling, and cleaning.
- Cover all areas to be protected from paint or stripper with proper materials.
- Select and mix proper paints to the manufacturer's specifications. May be required to experiment with special paints and related products.
- Set up and use spray gun for proper application of urethane, lacquer, enamel, water base and epoxy paints. Touch up wood work with brush, airbrush, and spray gun blend-in techniques.
- Accurately log computerized labor data collection for time and attendance tracking.