The successful candidate will possess at least 8 years of experience (or equivalent, see qualifications) on aircraft flightline operations. Relevant experience includes removal, installation and troubleshooting aircraft systems such as flight controls, power plants, hydraulics, fuel systems, bleed air, etc, in accordance with tech manuals or other written instructions. Additionally, candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn, ability to comply with written policies, procedures and other instructions.
You will demonstrate success by:
• A thorough understanding of aircraft drawings and maintenance manuals
• In depth knowledge of tools required to perform this job function
• Great familiarity with general industry standards on quality expectations and ability to proficiently self-inspect completed work
• In depth knowledge of Flightline principals and techniques
• Ability and willingness to train and mentor lower level technicians
• General knowledge of military aircraft FOD and Tool Control requirements
• C-130H and C-130J Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM), or modification experience a plus
• G550 Structure and Modification a plus
• 737 C Check and Modification a plus
• Working from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards and/or any other authorized reference material as required to complete assigned work.
• Performing flightline operations, aircraft inspections or repairs, sometimes in confined spaces.
• Use of company computer systems for work documentation and retrieval of production related documents.
• May substitute 2 years of experience with completion of Airframe and Power plant schooling or A&P certificate
• Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles. Requires flight line physical.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to achieve and maintain security clearance
• Must be able to read and write the English Language
• Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment background, drug, & medical screening; subject to FAA requirements and random substance abuse screening.
• Must have requisite basic tools prior to starting to work; tool list will be provided. Tools must be shadowed and engraved.