Under little or no supervision, perform one or more of the following composite part manufacturing functions: complex lay-up, cutting, bagging, autoclave, trimming, and/or complex repairs, in a production environment. Function as a team member and assist in providing technical direction to other team members. Possess the ability to organize and perform new job tasks with a working knowledge of other parts and part numbers. Establish priorities and assist in the development of work schedules. Must be proficient at directing and monitoring the work of team members. Willing to perform the job functions of a team leader in their absence.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4 years composite bonding experience required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Five (5) years of related experience in composite manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to use basic mathematical formulas to solve dimensional problems.
- Good working knowledge of computers and related software.
- Q-stamp required.
- In a team oriented work environment, manufacture a wide variety of composite aircraft parts to meet manufacturing specifications. Possess the ability to perform close tolerance work.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and possess good communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, execute, and obtain objectives with minimal direction.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet the requirements of the manufacturing competencies at the appropriate level in the Employee Effectiveness Review.
- Proficient at reading work orders, blueprints, employer specifications, lofts, sketches and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations.
- Must be proficient in the use of special tools and equipment to include precision measuring devices such as 6" scale, 1" micrometer, 6" dial caliper.
- Check all work and ensure a defect free assembly prior to inspection.
- Maintain and use all logs and records. Example: MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs, DR/DI, etc.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, support the company FOD and 5S programs, and comply with all safety regulations.
- Adapt to sudden schedule changes.
- Coordinate with other disciplines concerning projects.
- Support lean activities as required.
- Demonstrate good shop practices at all times, including housekeeping and safety standards. .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Other Requirements:
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing procedures and specifications, plant safety, tooling, and quality requirements. Demonstrated ability to troubleshooting manufacturing processes.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess leadership skills and the ability to communicate and impart knowledge to others.