Service, repair and overhaul aircraft to ensure airworthiness. Works under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties include the following items:
• Has intermediate knowledge of all areas of the aircraft and assigned work area.
• Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft maintenance work in specialized area of aircraft.
• Develop repair schemes utilizing SRM or Engineering data
• Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and
leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
• Complete job assignments in a timely manner.
• Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and required reading.
• Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings and other
specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification.
• Conduct operational tests.
• Help with general clean-up of work area.
• Responsible for accurately clocking to jobs.
• Regular and prompt attendance.
• Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The following duties will apply based on the area to which the employee is assigned:
• Remove and Install flight control surfaces and components
• Perform weight and balance including calculation of flight control surfaces
• Perform rigging and operational test of all flight control surfaces including autopilot
• Troubleshoot flight control systems
• Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify structures and flight controls
• Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures
• Remove and replace landing gear, engines and air-conditioning systems
• Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify parts
• Rig landing and operational test gear systems and engine systems
• Trouble shoot landing gear, engines, hydraulic and air-conditioning systems
• Tow qualified preferred
Sheet Metal/ Structures
• Perform sheet metal structural tasks such as removing, repairing or replacing floor beams, longerons,
bulkheads, stringers, frames, chords and any other primary structural parts.
• Locate and mark dimensions, layout patterns, and templates and fabricate parts, repair or replace skin
and stiffeners, stringers, frames, brackets, fairings, and retaining strips, floor beams, extrusions and seat
• Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures
Airframe Cabin Interiors:
• Remove/reinstall interior linings, cargo bay liners, floor panels
• Remove/reinstall lavatories, galleys, seats, windscreens
• Remove/reinstall/adjust doors
• Use of basic hand tools (i.e. sockets, wrenches, ratchets, screw drivers, pliers, etc.)
• Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner.
• Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. • • • The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents as well as communicate effectively with other maintenance and
support personnel at all levels regarding job related issues.
• Must have knowledge of fundamental maintenance operations and practices and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to perform basic and intermediate mathematical functions.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65.
• Proficiency in relevant specialty of aircraft.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Airframe and/or Power plant License preferred
• Level of skill customarily acquired after completing employer apprenticeship program or two years or more related commercial / military aircraft experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to high.
• May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to
fumes or airborne particles.
• This position requires use of a respirator.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk
• or hear; and focus on objects close.
• The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to
• Ability to handle and climb ladders and aircraft stairs.